- How to read critically (i.e., a book, magazine article, newspaper, P&L statement, web traffic report, etc.).
- How to write well. (this could be an email, letter, report, blog, or living will).
- How to debate and speak in front of large audiences.
- How to create impromptu arguments and analysis (this may be the number one business skill of all time and I'd hire someone with this skill set versus a Harvard graduate any day).
- How to figure out what is right and wrong (ethics) and identify with different sorts of people and cultures (this is important in the modern workforce, think how different your job is from what you see on Mad Men each week).
- How to apply logic to any problem.
- How to think strategically or see the "big picture."
- How to think about a problem by deconstructing the big picture and looking at the details.